Real Madrid sign young forward Hugo Duro from Getafe
Having recently been called up to the Spain Under-21s squad for the first time, Hugo Duro has now secured a loan move to Real Madrid.
Real Madrid have secured promising Getafe forward Hugo Duro on a one-year loan deal with the option to buy the player next year.
The 20-year-old, who was called up to the Spain Under-21 squad for the first time last week for next month's meeting with Macedonia, will join up with Madrid's reserve team, Castilla, for the 2020-21 season in the Second Division B as he looks to earn a permanent move. Duro was brought in on the express wishes of Castilla coach Raúl. Madrid attempted to sign him two years ago but the player preferred to stay with Getafe.
Duro, who entered Getafe's youth academy as a five-year-old, has most regularly represented the B team, but since making his LaLiga debut aged 18, he has gone on to make 25 appearances in the top tier. The majority of those came as a substitute, which goes some way to explaining his return of just a single goal in LaLiga - against Villarreal in July, but he did feature in nine of Getafe's 11 LaLiga matches after the coronavirus-enforced hiatus.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest