Real Madrid-Rayo Vallecano friendly called off
AS understands that the friendly which was due to be played in Valdebebas on Wednesday has been cancelled - possibly after a player tested positive for Covid-19.
Real Madrid's first friendly of the pre-season has been called off at the last minute. Zidane's team were to play a practice match against Rayo Vallecano at midday today in Valdebebas but AS understands that the game has been called off. One possible reason is a Rayo player may have tested positive for coronavirus.
Rayo programme training session for Wednesday
The decision to cancel the game was made by mutual agreement and Rayo have informed their players, who were due to take the team bus to Valdebebas this morning. The squad have been told to report at the training ground at 09:00 hours to train as normal.
Madrid had prepared for the game with 22 players, including several from the youth team and now find themselves in the position of organising an alternative game which won't be simple due to the pandemic and with the new LaLiga campaign starting this weekend. As things stand, Zidane's team will only have one practice match before their season starts (on 20th against Real Sociedad) - they will meet Getafe in Valdebebas on Tuesday 15th.
Rayo meanwhile, will find out more about the PCR test of the player who showed symptoms but whose identity has not been revealed. While the club waits for the results, they have opted for caution and decided it wold be best to call off their final friendly of the pre-season. The team open their campaign against Mallorca at Son Moix on Sunday. Yesterday, Oscar Trejo returned to training after overcoming coronavirus.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong