Depay set for Barcelona, Lautaro deal complicated - transfer talk
A move for Inter Milan's Lautaro Martínez appears difficult, but Barça are seemingly poised to snap up Memphis Depay from Lyon.
Lyon's Memphis Depay is reportedly poised to signed for Barcelona, who are having problems in their pursuit of Lautaro Martínez.
After a 2019-20 season that saw the LaLiga giants fail to win a trophy for the first time in 12 years, Barça are rebuilding under new head coach Ronald Koeman. They have been linked with numerous forwards, and one looks set to join shortly.
TOP STORY – DEPAY TO JOIN BARCELONA
Depay will move the the Camp Nou and his 30-million-euro move could be announced this week, according to De Telegraaf. The deal would see the forward reunite with his former Netherlands coach Koeman.
Depay scored 15 goals in 22 games for Lyon last season, during which he ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).
ROUND-UP: MARTÍNEZ, BALE, GIMÉNEZ, CAVANI...
- Barcelona's move for Martínez is more complicated. Sport reports they are waiting for exits before making a move, while Real Madrid and Manchester City are keeping an eye on the forward. Meanwhile, Fabrizio Romano claims Inter will have another meeting with Martínez's agents after the transfer window to extend his contract beyond 2023. It comes as Sport also believes former Paris Saint-Germain star Edinson Cavani has offered his services to Barça.
- Staying at Barcelona, Mundo Deportivo reports they will make a second offer for Eric García. It says they are prepared to pay 15m euros for the Manchester City defender, but the Premier League club want 18m. Meanwhile, Atlético Madrid are believed to have rejected a big-money bid from City for defender Jose Giménez.
- Gareth Bale continues to be linked with Manchester United. Reports in the UK media say United are preparing to make a loan move for the Real Madrid forward, whose high wages have seemingly made an exit from the Santiago Bernabéu difficult.
- United are also poised to make other moves. The Premier League giants are considering a move for Valencia midfielder Uros Racic, according to The Sun, which says the Serbian midfielder could be available for 30.3m euros. Meanwhile, Fabrizio Romano claims United are in talks with Sergio Reguilón's agents, but club officials are unwilling to accept Real Madrid retaining a buy-back clause for the left-back.
- Lucas Torreira could be set for the Arsenal exit. CalcioMercato reports Torino have agreed to pay 24m euros for the 24-year-old midfielder.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game