Inter sign Vidal from Barcelona
Arturo Vidal has reunited with former Juventus boss Antonio Conte at Inter following a two-year spell at Barcelona.
Inter have completed the signing of midfielder Arturo Vidal from Barcelona, the Italian club announced on Tuesday.
The Chile international, who previously worked with Inter head coach Antonio Conte at Juventus, had spent the past two seasons at Camp Nou.
Vidal featured 43 times for Barçca last season but was deemed surplus to requirements by new Blaugrana boss Ronald Koeman and is the third midfielder to depart this window, along with Ivan Rakitic and Arthur.
Inter confirmed the signing on their official website and are reported to have paid €1million plus add-ons for the 33-year-old.
Vidal, who was into the final year of his Barça contract, has also previously represented Colo-Colo, Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munich.
Barcelona captain Lionel Messi sent Vidal a farewell message on Instagram before the move was confirmed, telling the Chilean: "I only knew you from facing each other and you always seemed like a phenomenon to me, but later I was lucky to meet you personally and you surprised me even more.
"They were two years sharing many things and you made yourself noticed. The dressing room is going to miss you.
"I wish you all the best in this new stage at your new club. We will cross paths again, for sure."
As well as thanking Messi, Vidal sent a message to all involved with Barcelona, saying those he met during his time at the club would be "always in my heart".
"I am very proud to have worn this shirt and for having played alongside great players and very good people," Vidal wrote.
"I want to thank my family, my team-mates, the coaches, the doctors, the staff and all the wonderful fans who always showed me a lot of love."
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?