Depay in pole position for Barcelona move, Man Utd want Sancho and Telles
Barcelona are still linked with a move for Lyon star Memphis Depay as a replacement for Luis Suárez while Manchester United want Sancho and Telles.
Memphis Depay remains Barcelona's preferred transfer option, even though Ronaldo Koeman admits the Liga side must sell before they can buy, while Manchester United want Jadon Sancho and Alex Telles before the current window closes.
Depay fits the bill for Barça
Depay is in pole position to join Barcelona from Lyon, according to Mundo Deportivo.
The report says Depay, 26, fits the profile and salary expectations at Barça.
Depay and Koeman worked together while the latter was in charge of the Netherlands between 2018 and 2020.
United still want Sancho
- United are still hoping for two signings this transfer window. The Sun says the Red Devils are looking to land Borussia Dortmund star Sancho and Porto left-back Telles .
- Arsenal could be close to strengthening by signing Houssem Aouar . Telefoot says the attacker has agreed to join the club, with Lyon and Arsenal set for talks over a fee.
- As they continue their search for a defender, Manchester City may be close to making a decision. Goal reports the Premier League club are in talks with Benfica over Ruben Dias , in a deal that could see Nicolas Otamendi go the other way. Meanwhile, ESPN says Sevilla are expecting an improved bid from City for Jules Koundé after an initial £50.2million (€55m) offer was rejected.
- Chelsea may not be done spending just yet. The Mirror reports they want to make another move for West Ham midfielder Declan Rice , and it could lead to Jorginho joining Arsenal .
- Sergiño Dest is expected to join Barcelona and Guillem Balague claims the Ajax right-back should officially join them next week. Barcelona sold Nelson Semedo to Wolves this week.
- Could there be late movement in the transfer window for Tottenham ? The Sun reports Spurs are in talks to sign Inter defender Milan Skriniar and are prepared to pay between £25m (€27.4m) and £30m (€32.9m), which is well below Inter's valuation.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: gymnastics all-around final, Caeleb Dressel 100m free swimming final, medal count, results, today 29 July
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What does Simone Biles eat? The diet of an Olympic medalist
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Since when has golf been an Olympic sport and why?
- Lollapalooza 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: line-up, times and how to watch and stream
- LOLLAPALOOZA 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: covid rules and restrictions
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it