Mayoral joins Roma on initial two-year loan from Madrid
Real Madrid have allowed Borja Mayoral to leave for Roma on a two-year loan for €2million, though they could rake in a further €20m.
Borja Mayoral has joined Roma on an initial two-year loan from Real Madrid.
Roma have paid €2million for the temporary deal for the forward and have an option to make the move permanent for €15m during the 2020-21 season or €20m in the subsequent campaign.
Should the Giallorossi exercise their purchase right, Mayoral will be on a contract running until June 2025.
"I am pleased to finally join – it has been a hectic few days, but the main thing is everything has worked out for the best," Mayoral said in a club statement.
"It's an honour for me to represent an historic club like Roma. I am grateful to the club for the faith they have shown; I will give everything for this club and I hope to make our fans proud."
Roma CEO Guido Fienga added: "With this signing we are adding a talented player to the group, and one who has learned his trade at a renowned club like Real Madrid.
"Despite his young age he has already picked up some valuable experience. He had the choice to stay at Real Madrid or come here – he chose Roma, and we are delighted about that."
After coming through the youth ranks at Madrid, Mayoral made his first-team debut in October 2015.
However, he was unable to establish himself in the side and spent the 2016-17 season on loan at Wolfsburg, scoring twice in 21 appearances in all competitions.
Mayoral was a bit-part player for Zinedine Zidane in 2017-18 and spent the following two campaigns on loan at Levante, where he scored 14 goals in 69 appearances.
He came on as a substitute in Madrid's first two LaLiga games this season but has been allowed to leave for Roma.
The 23-year-old scored seven goals in 33 outings in all competitions for Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: gymnastics all-around final, Caeleb Dressel 100m free swimming final, medal count, results, today 29 July
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What does Simone Biles eat? The diet of an Olympic medalist
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Since when has golf been an Olympic sport and why?
- Lollapalooza 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: line-up, times and how to watch and stream
- LOLLAPALOOZA 2021 Lollapalooza 2021: covid rules and restrictions
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it