Among Us: how to download and play for free on PC, Mac, mobile
Are you looking to join the millions of people playing Among Us for no cost on your mobile devices, PC or Mac? The you've come to the right place.
It may have been originally released two years ago but in the last few months, Among Us has taken gamers by storm. The simple InnerSloth title has been accessed across the different platforms by millions who are all aiming to be smarter than their opponents in this space-themed, online, multiplayer game.
Whether working collaboratively with your crew to achieve its objectives, or playing the role of the imposter and trying to sneakily knock off each of the others before they suss you out, you'll need your wits about you. Oh, and then there are all the hats, pets and skins to make it even more personalised!
And if you're someone still looking to get in on the addictive fun, what are you waiting for? Access it via the app stores via your iOS or Android mobile device, or head to Steam and pay a small fee (and an optional tip to the developers) to get involved. There is also a legal way to play it both on PC and Mac for free, and below we explain step-by-step how to do so and provide the necessary links to make it easy.
How to download and play Among Us for free on PC and Mac
1. Download and install the BlueStacks Android emulator on PC or Mac
2: After setup, enter your Google Play Store account
3: From Home tab, go to Google Play Store and search for Among Us
4: Install Among Us
5: After download is completed, play, play, play
It's worth noting that this emulator is also used for other titles, but we recommend that they always be official applications offered by the development company itself in order to avoid related problems. On the other hand, there are other similar emulators, such as the one called GameLoop, which allows you to enjoy titles such as Call of Duty Mobile through PC (Windows 10) completely free of charge.
As I said earlier, Among Us is available to simply download for your mobile device from your provider's app store.
When is Among Us 2 being released?
Remember that Among Us 2 has been officially cancelled by its developers. They had initially been keen to deliver a sequel, aiming to greatly improve many of the parameters and general performance of the current app, saying that “it involves a large number of changes and the game is very delicate.” But that decision was changed.
Among Us: what's it all about?
Get ready to prepare your spaceship for departure as you take the challenge along with 4-10 players who make up the Crew, and connect online or via a local Wi-Fi. But it's not that straight forward.
You'll have to be aware that there are Imposters amid your ranks, one or more, and they want to stop you achieving your goals, by killing everyone!
Voice chat can be enabled for a truly interactive experience.
And how do you win?
The crew: the general idea is that you either fill up the group task bar or you discover who the imposter is before you all get killed
- Win by completing tasks to prepare the ship or ejecting all Impostors.
- React quickly to undo the Impostor's sabotages.
- Check the Admin map and Security cameras to keep tabs on other Crewmates.
- Report any dead bodies immediately to start discussion of who the suspected Impostor is.
- Call emergency meetings to discuss suspicious behavior.
- Vote to eject suspected Impostors.
The imposter: simple... kill everyone! (and frame everyone else in the meantime)
- Kill crewmates and frame bystanders.
- Pretend to run tasks to blend in with the crewmates.
- Sneak through the vents to quickly move about the ship.
- Use sabotages to cause chaos and divide the crew.
- Close doors to trap victims and kill in private.
- Arrows or WASD - Moving
- E or Space - Use
- Q - Kill
- R - Report body
- Mouse - Minigame and menu interactions
- Alt+Enter - Toggle fullscreen
In the options, you can also choose to use mouse only, which mirrors mobile controls.
Among us: what are people saying?
It's clear to see that Among Us players have been getting hooked rather easily and where better to get a feel for what is being said than by a quick glance at Twitter. There's even a bunch of memes doing to the rounds...
"We fully agree with the use of Bluestack"
Given the commotion that has been generated by this news, our colleagues at Meristation contacted the developers of Among Us! to ask if the use of a legal emulator like Bluestack seemed correct, or if they would prefer that their game is not played for free while on Steam it is available at just $5. Lead programmer Forest Williard assured us that they ”fully agree with using Bluestack to enjoy Among Us! for free on PC" as "we continue to have support with ads and in-app purchases, so it's good.”
Great news then!
The green light has been given to use Bluestack to get all the fun and enjoyment that is waiting for you on Among Us! And all for free!
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Koeman: "Van Dijk was too lazy and too arrogant but now he's one of the best"
- Real Madrid Real Madrid in Champions League: group, games, schedule, dates and opponents, prediction
- World Cup 2022 Cazorla: "Qatar is an amazing host nation for the World Cup"
- BARCELONA-FERENCVAROS Barcelona's Neto: "Taking a wage cut? Everyone has their point of view"
- MLB Los Angeles Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: times, TV and how to watch the MLB World Series 2020
- GAMING NEWS Among Us: how to download and play for free on PC, Mac, mobile