USA Elections 2020 results in Pennsylvania: who has won the popular and college vote?
The presidential election results for the Keystone State, as Donald Trump and Joe Biden wrestle for the 20 electoral college votes
The results in the presidential election for the battleground state of Pennsylvania are coming in. Candidates Trump and Biden have been fighting hard in the Keystone State to win the 20 electoral college votes.
Pennsylvania: Biden now winning
As of 11:00 a.m. ET on Friday, the reporting stood at 98%, according to AP, with the following standings:
Biden: 3,297,621 (49.5%)
Trump: 3,290,790 (49.4%)
Current Biden lead: 6,831
Trump had led since early in the count, but was overtaken by Biden on Friday as the state continues to work through its backlog of postal votes.
With Democratic voters showing a greater tendency to avoid in-person voting than Republicans, postal ballots have significantly favoured Biden so far.
Trump took Pennsylvania in 2016
In 2016, Trump took Pennsylvania with 48.8% of the vote to Hillary Clinton's 47.6%. The popular vote tallies were Trump: 2,912,941; Clinton: 2,844,705.
Pennsylvania early voting
Pennsylvania saw significant early voting, with two and a half million votes being cast prior to Election Day on Tuesday. That's almost 41% of the 2016 turnout. Impressive for the state’s first year of mail-in voting.
Pennsylvania didn’t start counting the mail-in ballots until 7 a.m. on Tuesday morning, with seven Republican-held counties saying that they wouldn’t start until Wednesday. Speaking on Thursday, state secretary Kathy Boockvar said she expected the "overwhelming majority" of votes to be counted by the end of Friday.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live
- 2030 WORLD CUP Johnson backs UK bid for 2030 World Cup, offers stadiums for Euro 2020
- SERIE A The things that Georgina prohibits Cristiano from doing at home
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 Third stimulus check: when is it coming in March?
- BARCELONA FC Barcelona cleared from Barçagate, Bartomeu provisionally released
- NBA NBA: Harden triple-double leads Nets to win, Zion stuns Jazz