Koeman: "Knowing the financial situation at Barça, you can't ask for much"
The Dutch head coach spoke to Catalan media on Tuesday. "When I arrived, Messi was unhappy. We spoke at his house. I told him that I could only change things on the pitch."
Ronald Koeman spoke to Catalan media (L'Esportiu, Mundo Deportivo and Sport) on Tuesday, and the former Barcelona player opened up about working with Messi, Griezmann and transfers.
When I arrived, they told me that Messi was unhappy. We spoke at his home. He explained his reasons and I was honest, I told him that the only thing I could change was the football; the playing system, his position on the pitch, and his importance in the team. But I couldn't change the things he had had with the club. Messi has shown me to be a person who wants to win things, to be the best, and continue to be the best, even if he had his problems with the club. Barça have been, are and will be a better team with Messi than without Messi.
He is working well, although he himself said recently that his performance has to improve. Players can go through moments of doubt and we can help him seek the best of himself, but in the end it is always in the hands of the player.
With Ramon Planes we always talk about the future, what we can sign and where we need more, but knowing the financial position of the club, you cannot ask for much. I have already said several times what we are missing. If there are possibilities, we will try to bring players in, yes.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy