Haaland's role in a potential Madrid Szoboszlai signing
The Hungarian player is on Real Madrid's radar and was on his way to Milan before the Haaland move to Dortmund put the move on hold.
Real Madrid picked up on the trail of Hungarian Dominik Szoboszlai thanks in part to their monitoring of Erling Haaland. The sale of the Norwegian striker last January put the brakes on Szoboszlai moving to AC Milan where a deal was almost complete with a deal with the Serie A side having put him somewhat out of reach for other would-be-suitors with the likes of Arsenal, Bayern also monitoring the 20 year olds progression.
Milan's Boban was in Salzburg poised to close the deal some four days before the closure of the winter transfer market but in the eleventh hour, Red Bull decided that a better line of business would be selling Haaland to Dortmund. Milan were also reluctant to pay the 20 million euro buy-out clause for the Hungarian which may have been a key factor in Salzburg's decision to activate the Haaland deal.
Both players are close friends and on numerous occasion the Hungarian has confessed on how much he misses the Norwegian striker at the Austrian Bundesliga side.
Real Madrid's plans for 2022 are to reunite both players at a newly revamped Santiago Bernabeu stadium despite Milan's ongoing interest in acquiring Szoboszlai.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics