Mexico national team could see some changes against Japan due to injuries
Mexico head coach Gerardo Martino confirmed that Hector Herrera will not play tomorrow against Japan and ‘Tecatito’ is doubtful.
After defeating South Korea the Mexican national team is preparing to face Japan tomorrow in their last exhibition match of the year. The head coach Gerardo Martino called a 24-player roster for the November international break and 7 players didn’t see minutes in the 3-2 victory over the Asian team.
After the first friendly game played in Austria Jesús ‘Tecatito’ Corona left the game in the 69th minute and Hector Herrera didn’t play at all. The Porto winger suffered a minor injury and that is why he was taken off the pitch and is doubtful for tomorrow’s game. While the Atlético Madrid midfielder will miss a second game in a row.
“I decided to take Corona out of the game because we didn’t want to risk a serious injury and that is why he is doubtful for tomorrow’s match. We will not risk any player who is not fully fit for an exhibition match,” Martino said.
Herrera is heading back to Madrid
Hector Herrera joined the national team for this November international break, but he was unable to recover from his left thigh strain. Since he is not fit for tomorrow’s exhibition match head coach Gerardo Martino decided that it would be better for Herrera to return to Madrid and continue his recovery with Atlético.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early