Olympic Council of Asia acknowledges Qatar 2022 work
A delegation from the Olympic Council of Asia met with members of the Qatar 2022 Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy.
An evaluation committee from the Olympic Council of Asia met with representatives from Qatar 2022's Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy (SC) in Doha and looked at the advanced preparations ahead of the FIFA World Cup which will take place in the gulf nation in two years as Qatar also bids to host the 2030 Asian Games in Doha.
!⃝ 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗺 𝗶𝘀 NOT 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗽𝘂𝘁𝗲𝗱 pic.twitter.com/BsujBiM3uk— Olympic Council of Asia (@AsianGamesOCA) November 17, 2020
Hassan Al Thawadi, Secretary General of the SC, together with Nasser Al Khater Executive President of Qatar 2022, received the representatives of the Olympic Council, as they exchanged information regarding the 2030 Asian Games. Preparations for Qatar 2022 were also outlined showing the Qatari vision as hosts of the first World Cup tournament in the Middle East.
The visit of the committee included a visit to the Al Bayt stadium which is one of the eight new stadiums that will host the 2022 World Cup and the SC emphasised the prominent role World Cup stadia would have in hosting various competitions during the 2030 tournament.
Host nation Qatar will open the competition at the Al Bayt stadium on 21 November 2022 with another nation as part of the Group A qualifying stage.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO 2020 Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Football Tournament draws: as it happened
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: all English clubs withdraw, reactions, Florentino Pérez, UEFA, clubs
- FOOTBALL European Super League 'hugely embarrassing' for Madrid president Perez
- FOOTBALL Inter and Atletico withdraw as Agnelli says European Super League is a no-go
- George and Clippers nip Blazers late, Irving leads way for Nets
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim