No retaliation for those who disagreed with the non-promotion
The Mexico federation president Yon de Luis said that there will be no retaliation against those who opposed the non-promotion for the next couple of years.
In April of this year the Mexico federation president Yon de Luisa announced that there will be no promotions for at least 6 years and this decision was not welcomed by the owner of the Liga de Expansion. There were three teams, Venados de Mérida, Correcaminos and Leones Negros, who took the case to the TAS, but the ruling favored the Mexico federation decision.
No retaliation to those who opposed
The idea behind not having promotions in the next six seasons is to help the teams in the Expansion League to get their finances in order, so when the relegation returns, they are able to afford the move to the first division, the Liga MX.
“There will be no retaliation because each owner of each team has their right to claim the decisions that are taken by the Mexican soccer federation. The majority of the teams have a time-frame of three years to get their finances back so when relegation returns there will be no money problems,” said De Luis during an interview with ESPN.
With the TAS favoring the Mexican federation’s decision, Leones Negros has officially announced that they will analize their continuity in the Expansion League. While Correcaminos and Venados have not formally stated their position yet.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?