Pogba vows to "always fight" for Manchester United
The future of Paul Pogba is murkier than ever following recent comments by his agent Mino Raiola, but he reaffirmed his commitment on Saturday.
Paul Pogba insists that he will always give his all for Manchester United and is adamant there is clarity between himself and the club despite recent inflammatory comments from his agent Mino Raiola.
Agent says Pogba is not happy at United
Earlier in the week, on the eve of the crunch Champions League clash with RB Leipzig that United ultimately lost, Raiola was quoted in an interview with Italian publication Tuttosport as saying Pogba's time with the club was "over". In the full interview, Raiola elaborated as he insisted Pogba was not happy at Old Trafford and was open to going back to Juventus. His contract at United expires in 2022, meaning the club would still expect to hold out for a substantial transfer fee, one that may not be a realistic figure for most – if not all – clubs due to the financial implications of the coronavirus pandemic.
Pogba played the full 90 minutes of United's Manchester derby draw on Saturday and addressed his situation afterwards, though it was not entirely clear who he was directing some of his comments to. Writing on Instagram, the midfielder said: "I've always fought and will always fight for Manchester United, my teammates and the fans. Bla bla [sic] is not important. The future is far, today is what matters and I am 1000% involved! Always strong together. All has been clear between the club and myself and that will never change. When you don't know what's going on inside, don't talk. #SpeakTheTruthOrRemainSilent #United #TalkToTheHand."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA beat Australia to win bronze medal
- OLYMPICS | BASKETBALL Durant and Team USA roll with the punches to bring gold closer
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: what is Megan Rapinoe's net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59