Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez could join Inter Miami in 2022
According to a report from Catalunya Radio, Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez could resume their partnership in Major League Soccer in 2022.
Two days ago Lionel Messi was interviewed by Spanish journalist Jordi Évole and the Argentine superstar said he would like to live in the United States and play in Major League Soccer at some point in the near future. His words made a big splash right around the football world and now there are hints that it could be Inter Miami who make Messi’s wishes come true.
According to Catalunya radio, Barcelona’s No 10 could join Inter Miami in 2022. The franchise's co-owner David Beckham is planning to lure Messi by also bringing in Luis Suárez, one of the Barcelona star's best friends. The world-class players first linked up in 2014 and were inseparable on and off the pitch, until Suárez moved to Atlético Madrid this summer.
During the interview with Évole, Messi said that the sudden departure of Luis Suárez was one of the many reasons he decided to send the legal notification to the club saying he wanted to leave FC Barcelona. His demand to leave was of course denied by then president Bartomeu, who held him to the club's interpretation of their agreement. Messi, though, will now become a free agent on 30 June 2021.
The Argentinean says he has not decided whether he will renew his contract with Barcelona or start negotiating with other clubs, something he is allowed to do starting 1 January 2021. But the MLS option appears to be one that Messi finds tempting, and linking up with Suárez once again may make it even more enticing. Luis Suarez’ contract with Atlético Madrid expires in the summer of 2022. Will Inter Miami be able to put together a package to bring both players across the pond and allow them to resume their partnership in the United States?
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will we get $1400 | House passed $1.9 trillion bill: live
- PREMIER LEAGUE We were lucky - City boss praises West Ham after landmark win
- BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings after comfortable Sevilla win
- NFL Is a trade between Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott possible?
- NBA Raptors roll on as Spain coach Scariolo fills in for absent Nurse
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS House approves Biden relief bill: what are the next steps and when will stimulus check will passed?