Zack Steffen ready to make his Premier League debut with City
The United States international could replace starting goalkeeper Ederson because of coronavirus concerns ahead of the clash against Chelsea.
On 31 December, goalkeeper Ederson announced on social media that he is self-isolating amid the recent coronavirus outbreak in the Manchester City squad, leaving his involvement in Sunday's Premier League match against Chelsea in doubt.
Club-mates Kyle Walker and Gabriel Jesus have tested positive for covid-19, as have three other, unnamed City players and two members of staff.
Steffen ready to make Premier League debut
If Ederson is unable to play, Zack Steffen will be the starting goalkeeper at Stamford Bridge. This would be the United States international's Premier League debut for City.
Steffen has played four games so far this season in all competitions. He has three appearances in the EFL Cup with 2 conceded goals and 1 clean sheet. In the UEFA Champions League, Steffen played in the last game of the group stage and Manchester City defeated Marseille 3-0, earning another clean sheet.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA