‘Tecatito’ Corona is named 2020 MVP in Portuguese league
The Mexican offensive midfielder was voted by Diario O Jogo as the league’s Most Valuable Player in 2020 and Porto’s most important footballer.
Jesús ‘Tecatito’ Corona arrived in 2015 in Portugal to sign a deal with Porto and since then he has become one of the best players in the Primeira Liga. The Mexican offensive midfielder was voted by Diario O Jogo as the league’s Most Valuable Player (MVP) in 2020 and Porto’s most important footballer from last season.
A new role at Porto
Corona has scored a total of 30 goals in 242 appearances in all competitions for Porto and in the 2019/20 season he found a new position on the field. ‘Tecatito’ usually plays as a winger, but the head coach Sergio Conceiçao has started using him, when needed, as a right full-back and he keeps performing at a very high level.
⭐ @jesustecatitoc foi votado, pelos leitores do jornal O Jogo, o melhor jogador do ano 💪— FC Porto (@FCPorto) January 2, 2021
🎙 "Quero ganhar mais coisas, pessoais e coletivas, tentar fazer o melhor em 2021."#FCPorto #OJogo pic.twitter.com/IsVIdypJIr
“I want to win more things, personally and collectively, and I will try to do my best in this new season,” said Corona on Twitter.
The 27-year-old helped Porto win the treble last year and he is currently one of the best players in the squad. In the current season, ‘Tecatito’ has made 21 appearances in all competitions scoring two goals and supplying seven assists.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future