David Beckham returns to Miami ahead of new MLS season
Inter Miami CF made it to the first round of the MLS Cup playoffs in their inaugural season. Now the co-owner expects more for 2021.
Inter Miami CF is planning a series of changes for their second season in Major League Soccer. For the upcoming campaign, co-owner David Beckham will have a more active role as he felt that Inter fell short of expectations in their inaugural season.
Inter Miami will have a new head coach for the 2021 campaign with the individual set to be appointed soon, after the club parted ways with Diego Alonso after the 10th place finish in the Eastern Conference and lost against Nashville SC in the first round of playoffs.
It is rumored that Inter Miami are in talks with Phil Neville for the head coach job, but he is now trying to work something out with the English Football Association to free him up for the Inter Miami gig. Neville is currently managing the England women’s team who are preparing for the 2021 Tokyo Olympics.
Back in Miami
David Beckham announced in his social media that he had arrived in Miami to prepare the next season. The co-owner hadn’t been in the United States since March 2020 due to Europe's’ coronavirus restrictions during the peak of the pandemic.
“Grateful to be back in Miami. Lots of hard work ahead… New Start, new season… Let’s go Inter Miami CF 2021,” wrote Beckham.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Pentagon placed on lockdown after shots fired near Metro station
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Durant demands gold as USA beat Spain
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Can Simone Biles participate at Paris 2024 Olympics or will she retire earlier?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Asensio's extra-time winner puts Spain into the final
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history