Which college has won more NCAA Football Championships?
According to the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the most number of titles won by a single college across the history of the game is 18.
Ohio State Buckeyes (3) and Alabama Crimson Tide (1) face each other on Monday night for the 2020 NCAA Football Championship with limited in-person attendance at Hard Rock Stadium Miami, Florida.
Yale has most college championship wins
Alabama has won 15 national championships and the last time they won it was in 2017, while Ohio State has won eight titles and the last time they won it was in 2014. According to the National Collegiate Athletic Association, Yale has won it 18 times and is the university with the most titles.
The first college national championship was played in 1869 and that season lasted eight days and consisted of just two games. Princeton beat Rutgers in the first match and then Rutgers came back to win in the second game.
Since each team had won a single game, the decision was to name Rutgers and Princeton as co-champions. Then in 1933, the Billingsley Report and the National Championship Foundation named Yale the first national champion.
Yale Football was a dominant university in the latter part of the 19th century and won five consecutive titles between 1880 and 1884. Unfortunately things have not been as successful for the great college, with the last time they won the title being back in 1927, although they can also lay claim to having two of the first three Heisman winners, 100 All-Americans and 28 Hall of Fame inductees between 1874 and 1927.
List of NCAA Football Championships:
- Yale (18)
- Alabama (15)
- Princeton (15)
- Notre Dame (13)
- Michigan Wolverines (9)
- USC (9)
- Harvard (8)
- Minnesota Golden Gophers (8)
- Oklahoma Sooners (7)
- Ohio State (7)
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos at NFL Draft 2021: Which players could they pick?
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN IRS $3,000 child tax credit: when will the monthly payments begin?
- EARTH DAY 2021 What is the Earth Day and why it's celebrated today?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the IRS send supplemental payments to 2020 tax filers?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: what entities are pressuring Biden to make a new payment?