Los Angeles FC acquire Corey Baird from Real Salt Lake
The United States striker was named the 2018 Major League Soccer Rookie of the Year. He has scored 15 goals in 83 appearances.
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) want to improve their attack ahead of the 2021 Major League season which is set to start in late-March. The 2019 Supporters’ Shield winner announced on Monday that they had signed striker Corey Baird from Real Salt Lake in exchange for $500,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) that will be spread across 2021 and 2022.
“Corey is a dynamic attacker and we are excited to welcome a player of his caliber and qualities,” said LAFC Co-President & General Manager John Thorrington. “We are confident he will prove to be a great fit into how we play and will help us achieve our ambitions as a Club in the years to come.”
Baird won the 2018 MLS Rookie of the Year and since debuting he has made 83 regular season appearances, scoring 15 goals and 13 assists. Last season Baird played 21 matches, scoring two goals and four assists. He has represented the United States at the U-15, U-17, U18 and U-20 levels and he was called for the USMNT training camp in January 2019.
- United States of America
*Update 11 de enero de 2021
Baird made his debut with the United States men’s national team on 28 January 2019 against Panama and he scored one goal and gave one assist in the 3-0 victory. Prior to joining RSL, the 24-year-old spent four campaigns at Stanford University and between 2015-2017 he won the NCAA National Championships.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates