Phil Neville is one step closer to becoming new Inter Miami head coach
According to The Times, Inter Miami and Phil Neville are about to reach a deal that will see the former England international coach the team in the 2021 MLS season.
A few weeks ago Inter Miami decided to part ways with head coach Diego Alonso after an unsatisfactory debut campaign in Major League Soccer. The franchise owned by David Beckham finished in 10th place in the Eastern Conference and they were eliminated in the first round of playoffs by Nashville SC.
For their second season in MLS, David Beckham will have a more active role in the sporting decisions and being involved in the choosing of the new head coach will be his first major move. According to The Times, Inter Miami and Phil Neville are about to reach a deal that will see Beckham's former team mate manage the team for the 2021 MLS season set to start in late-March.
Neville is currently managing the England women’s team, but he is about to reach a deal with the English Football Association to free him up for the Inter Miami job. The MLS side is trying to finalize the deal as soon as possible, so Neville can start working with the team for their second season.
Recommended in English
- UFC Francis Ngannou vs Ciryl Gane Heavyweight title: fight card, TV and how to watch online
- NFL Andy Reid: Willie Gay Jr. to star against Bills following arrest
- NFL 49ers vs Packers: times, TV and how to watch online
- NFL | HALL OF FAME Which NFL team has the most Hall of Famers?
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL How did Aaron Rodgers respond to Joe Biden's vaccine criticism?