Mascherano meets Xavi and Cazorla in Qatar
Javier Mascherano, FIFA ambassador for the Club World Cup, caught up with former teammate Xavi Hernández and Al Sadd player Santi Cazorla.
Javier Mascherano, former Barcelona star and now FIFA ambassador to the Club World Cup held in Doha, paid a visit to the AL Sadd to meet club coach Xavi Hernández and player Santi Cazorla.
The Argentine is in the city of Doha to attend the Club World Cup competitions, so he had the opportunity to catch up with his former teammate at Barcelona, as well as talk about the future of the Catalan club in the midst of the ongoing off-the-field crisis.
Both players spoke about the Qatari League and Al Sadd, who lead the Qatari League by 13 points over rivals AL Duhail.
It was not Mascherano's first trip to Qatar, since the Argentine previously travelled to the country with Barcelona as a player, and also with the Argentina national team.
His latest trip gave him the opportunity to get a glimpse of the state of the art facilities in place for next year's World Cup.
Bayern Club World Cup champions
On Wednesday evening, Mascherano took in the Club World Cup final at the Education City Stadium in Al Rayyan as Bayern Munich were crowned world champions after beating Mexican side Tigres 1-0.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes