Xavi: My dream is to coach Barcelona
Al-Sadd boss and Barcelona legend Xavi Hernández spoke about his aspirations for the future, with coaching the Catalans top of his bucket list.
In an interview with FIFA's official website, legendary former Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernández, who is currently in charge of Qatari team Al-Sadd, stated that coaching the Blaugrana one day is a dream he hopes can come true, stressing that he has huge respect for current Barça boss Ronald Koeman.
"I am currently at Al-Sadd and I am happy here. I am at a really great Asian club and from here we will see what the future holds," Xavi said in the first episode of "Living football" published by FIFA.
"I have been a fan of Barcelona since I came to this world. There are elections nowadays and we'll see who will become president in a month. Without any doubt coaching Barcelona is a dream of mine," he added.
Xavi: Qatar is ready to host any great event
The 41-year-old also praised the work being accomplished in Qatar ahead of hosting the 2022 World Cup, noting that the Asian country has shown complete readiness for organizing such a huge event.
"Qatar is absolutely ready to host any big event," he said. "The country is significantly developing. Since my arrival here in 2015, Qatar has improved a lot in terms of infrastructure".
Xavi made his debut for Barcelona in 1998, spending a full 17 years in the Camp Nou first team before in 2015 joining Al-Sadd, where he spent four years ahead of being appointed as the team's head coach.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement