What car was Tiger Woods driving?
Legendary golfer Tiger Woods was rescued from his car, a Genesis GV80 luxury SUV, after a crash and taken to hospital in a serious condition.
Tiger Woods was involved in a car crash on Tuesday morning in the LA area and taken to hospital in a “serious condition” after being assisted from the vehicle, according to the LA County Fire Department.
Woods driving a Genesis GV80
The vehicle Tiger Woods was driving was a Genesis SUV, specifically a Genesis GV80, which is the first SUV released by the brand - an upscale spin-off from Korean manufacturer Hyundai.
Genesis confirmed the model involved in an official statement: “This morning, Genesis was saddened to learn that Tiger Woods had been in an accident in a GV80. Our thoughts and prayers are with Tiger and his family at this time.”
The vehicle Woods was driving had a "Genesis Invitational" logo on its side. The golfer had been attending his Genesis Invitational golf tournament at the Riveria Country Club in Pacific Palisades, which ran last weekend. Winner Max Homa received a new GV80.
GV80: Genesis' first SUV
The GV80, a mid-size luxury SUV, starts at just under $50,000 in the US and offers 10 airbags, a forward-collision warning system, auto-evasive steering and also a camera system to warn the driver if they are falling asleep.
It was first unveiled in January 2020 and is the first SUV for the Genesis brand. It was launched in the US in November 2020 for the 2021 model year.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021 live online: red carpet, nominations, updates
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Who are Amy Poehler and Tina Fey, hosts of the Golden Globes 2021?
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- Golden Globes 2021 Golden Globes 2021 list of nominations: movies, series, actors, actresses...
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live