What car was Tiger Woods driving?
Legendary golfer Tiger Woods was rescued from his car, a Genesis GV80 luxury SUV, after a crash and taken to hospital in a serious condition.
Tiger Woods was involved in a car crash on Tuesday morning in the LA area and taken to hospital in a “serious condition” after being assisted from the vehicle, according to the LA County Fire Department.
Woods driving a Genesis GV80
The vehicle Tiger Woods was driving was a Genesis SUV, specifically a Genesis GV80, which is the first SUV released by the brand - an upscale spin-off from Korean manufacturer Hyundai.
Genesis confirmed the model involved in an official statement: “This morning, Genesis was saddened to learn that Tiger Woods had been in an accident in a GV80. Our thoughts and prayers are with Tiger and his family at this time.”
The vehicle Woods was driving had a "Genesis Invitational" logo on its side. The golfer had been attending his Genesis Invitational golf tournament at the Riveria Country Club in Pacific Palisades, which ran last weekend. Winner Max Homa received a new GV80.
GV80: Genesis' first SUV
The GV80, a mid-size luxury SUV, starts at just under $50,000 in the US and offers 10 airbags, a forward-collision warning system, auto-evasive steering and also a camera system to warn the driver if they are falling asleep.
It was first unveiled in January 2020 and is the first SUV for the Genesis brand. It was launched in the US in November 2020 for the 2021 model year.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest