Chivas earns first home win in the 2021 Guardianes tournament
The team from Guadalajara defeated Pumas UNAM 2-1 at the Akron stadium on matchday 8 to obtain their first three points at home in this tournament.
Chivas didn’t have a solid start in this 2021 Guardianes tournament, but they have finally found a way to win games. Last week they failed to obtain the three points against the worst team of the semester, and had to accept a 1-1 draw against Pachuca at the Hidalgo stadium.
For matchday 8 they wanted to bounce back against Pumas UNAM and pick up their first win at home in the tournament. Chivas were indeed able to recover and gave Pumas a back-to-back loss at the Akron stadium. The visiting team however scored first thanks to Gabriel Torres in the 14th minute of the first half.
The home team fought back and in the 28th minute Uriel Antuna gave a wonderful assist to ‘JJ’ Macías who fired the ball inside the box to level the game. Then they would hit again in the 37th minute and Alejandro Mayorga gave Chivas a 2-1 lead before the first half ended.
We have bagged in all three points! 🐐🇫🇷👊 pic.twitter.com/hH8Aen5gaO— Chivas English (@ChivasEN_) March 1, 2021
The team from Guadalajara was able to see the light at the end of the tunnel and after 90 minutes held on to the 2-1 lead to earn three points and prepare for their next match. Chivas will go into a double header this week with a visit to Querétaro on matchday 9 on 3 March and three days later they will face Mazatlán. The team from Guadalajara is currently in 10th place with 10 points and a record of 2-4-2.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win