Ryan Garcia blames Manny Pacquiao over fight falling through
The Mexican-American boxer was interviewed by FightHub TV and he said that he has moved on from Pacquiao because the Filipino boxer is working on another fight.
Ryan Garcia knocked out Luke Campbell in January and since then he has been looking for his next rival. The 22-year-old wanted to fight Manny Pacquiao, but it looks like his dream is not going to come true because the Filipino boxer is looking for another rival.
“I shouldn’t tell him anything. He’s a legend, he can do whatever he wants. I wanted to fight you, he wanted to fight me too but it’s all good. Just go and live the life you want to live. If you want to fight me, if you want to fight Terence, you do whatever you want. And he’s gonna do whatever he wants. It’s ‘Tank’ or nothing,” said Garcia.
De La Hoya weighs in on Garcia vs Pacquiao
As the negotiations were ongoing, Oscar De La Hoya claimed that the fight between Garcia and Pacquiao was just Instagram noise. So after the news broke Ryan Garcia was interviewed by FightHub TV and he explained what happened according to him.
“Well Oscar, he just likes to contradict himself. It’s all good, it’s all love, man. It’s not my fault, ever. I always say yes to everything. If a fight ever falls through it’s because of the opposite side. That’s no disrespect to Manny, Manny’s a great fighter, I’m sorry, he’s a legendary fighter, and is somebody I respect a lot in and out the ring. So, you know, it was just little things on his end that didn’t let the fight happen,” he added.
“Now the comment that Oscar made, that I didn’t like. To me it was very unprofessional and it shouldn’t come out of my own promoter’s mouth. It doesn't make no sense.”
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 PSG's Mbappé backtracks over Lille title winning comments
- USMNT Jesse Marsch and Brenden Aaronson win Austrian league title with Salzburg
- BARCELONA Barcelona set to confirm Agüero signing at end of season
- NBA NBA: Hawks, Knicks seal playoff places as Nets' Harden returns
- COVID-19 VACCINE What has CDC said about covid vaccine for 12-15 year old kids?
- US News What did Liz Cheney say about Donald Trump and the Republican Party?