Beckham optimistic about signing Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo
The co-owner of Inter Miami CF was interviewed by ESPN and said that "it’s not a tough one for players to decide because it is a great place."
Inter Miami are getting ready for their second year in Major League Soccer and the co-owner of the team, David Beckham, has high expectations for the 2021 season. The former Manchester United legend appointed Phil Neville for the managerial job this season and they have brought in players from the Premier League to improve the team.
“Not a tough decision”
Prior to the beginning of the 2021 MLS season, Beckham was interviewed by ESPN and was asked about the possible signings of global superstars like Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi or Neymar Jr. According to the co-owner of Inter Miami CF, players of that calibre are keen on playing for his team after they are done playing in Europe.
Ronaldo and Messi rumoured with moves to US
"When we announced Miami, there was always going to be talk about what players we were going to bring in, whether it was Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar," Beckham said. "There was always going to be those discussions. I actually don't think it's a tough one for players to decide, to be honest, because it's a great place."
"Obviously, it's a great city, I feel like we've got a great fan base, but I also understand there's great talent in Miami and South Florida, and I think we have a real opportunity," Beckham said. "Miami is a city that has that pull on players who have been playing in Europe that are big stars."
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game