Sergio Ramos letter: "It's been a tough few weeks for me..."
The Real Madrid captain, who faces a month out after injuring his left calf muscle, explained: "After the Kosovo game I felt a sharp pain".
Real Madrid will be without Sergio Ramos for the next month while the captain recovers from the injury to his left calf muscle which he picked up while on international duty with Spain. Ramos was keen to explain the situation to Madrid fans, and wrote an open letter which revealed that he sustained the injury during last night's 3-1 win over Kosovo.
"To be honest it's been a tough few weeks for me..." began Ramos' message, "Yesterday, after the game, I remained out training on the pitch and noticed a sharp pain to my left calf. I underwent tests today which confirmed that I have a muscular injury. But what causes me even greater pain is not being able to help the team during these key games in which we will be playing to decide the season and not being able to repay all of you for the love and affection you give me".
Ramos concluded: "All I can do is speak frankly, work hard and support the team with my soul".
Ramos is very disappointed to miss such a decisive part season for the team - he will sit out both legs of the Champions League quarter final against Liverpool as well as El Clásico against Barcelona in Valdebebas on Saturday 10 April. Those games could determine Real Madrid's chances of winning silverware this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy