Neymar strikes verbal agreement to keep him at PSG until 2026
In the wake of reports by 'Ara', Téléfoot claim that the Brazilian has a verbal agreement with PSG to renew his contract to 2026; earning the same salary.
In spite of the rumours placing him back at Barcelona this summer, Diari ARA are reporting that Neymar is set to renew with PSG later this week. An agreement is in place and the news will be made official in the next few days. According to Téléfoot, the Brazilian will extend his contract by four years, taking him to June 2026.
Neymar priced out
The French outlet explains that Neymar knows that no club in Europe could currently pay the kind of wages he earns at PSG. His high wage demands mean that practically no club on the continent, including his old club Barcelona, could afford to equal or better the handsome salary he takes home with the Ligue 1 champions.
Talks to renew Neymar's contract between Leonardo and the player's agents began to advance in January, and finally reached a point where both parties were satisfied. The PSG star is very happy in the French capital and, in spite of the losses incurred as a result of the pandemic, his new contract won't be subjected to a cut in pay, which was Neymar's chief concern.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics