USMNT move up two places in FIFA ranking after friendlies
The United States men’s national team beat Jamaica and Northern Ireland during last month's international break and moved into the top 20 of the rankings.
The United States men’s national team continues to progress at breath-taking pace. After the conclusion of last month's international break they moved up two spots in the latest FIFA men’s world rankings. The updated list was released on Wednesday and the USMNT climbed to 20th overall.
The United States defeated Jamaica 4-1 on 25 March and three days later Christian Pulisic scored the winning goal to give the USMNT the victory against Northern Ireland. This helped the US to move up two places, but not enough to close the gap with the Mexico national team who dropped two places down to 11th place.
The United States men’s national team has another friendly scheduled for 30 May against Switzerland at the AFC Arena. The team has a busy summer with the semi-final of the CONCACAF Nations League on 3 June against Honduras. Then the USMNT will participate in the 2021 Gold Cup tournament.
The top six has not changed
During the release of the FIFA Rankings of 2021, Belgium remains in first place ahead of France and Brazil. While Italy climbed a spot and are now in seventh place after winning their opening three qualifying games for the World Cup of Qatar 2022.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future