Víctor Manuel Vucetich given Chivas vote of confidence
Chivas president Amaury Vergara and sporting director Ricardo Peláez confirmed on Wednesday that Vucetich will keep his job next tournament.
Chivas finished in ninth place after the conclusion of the regular season with 23 points from a possible 51 and a 5-8-4 record. The Guadalajara-based side advanced to the wild card round and lost to Pachuca CF 4-2 at the Estadio Hidalgo on Sunday night. After failing to advance to the quarter finals, Víctor Manuel Vucetich’s job was reportedly in jeopardy ahead of the next tournament.
Liga Mexicana - Apertura
*Update 12 de mayo de 2021
Several reports indicated the Chivas bosses were considering parting ways with Vucetich and were considering the appointment of Ricardo Ferretti as their new manager for the 2021 Apertura tournament. But on Wednesday Chivas president Amaury Vergara and sporting director Ricardo Peláez confirmed that Vucetich will keep his job next season.
Vucetich wants to bring new players this summer
The Mexican manager has the numbers in his favor and he managed to take Chivas to the playoffs in back-to-back tournaments. That is what led the bosses in Guadalajara to give Vucetich another shot and they are now working on summer signings ahead of the 2021 Apertura tournament.
According to several reports, Vucetich held a meeting with Vergara and Peláez and told them to trust the process. However, he is aware that Chivas need to sell in order to bring in new players before the preseason starts.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22