"I'm going to put you on your ass" - Oliveira warns McGregor after UFC 262 win
After beating Michael Chandler at UFC 262, Charles Oliveira was emphatic in his response to post-fight remarks from Conor McGregor.
New UFC lightweight champion Charles Oliveira told Conor McGregor "I'm going to put you on your ass" - but warned the former two-weight king he needs to focus on a rematch with Dustin Poirier first.
Oliveira made a narrow escape in the first round against Michael Chandler at UFC 262 on Saturday before dropping his opponent with the first punch of the second to claim the title vacated by Khabib Nurmagomedov.
McGregor hints at Oliveira bout in congratulatory tweet
Afterwards, McGregor congratulated Oliveira on Twitter, while hinting at a potential fight with the Brazilian.
He wrote: "Congrats to Oliveira on becoming the 11th UFC lightweight champion. Wonder who Twelve is..."
Congrats to Olivera on becoming the 11th UFC lightweight champion.— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) May 16, 2021
Wonder who Twelve is...
"Worry about Dustin" - Oliveira tells McGregor to get revenge for Poirier defeat first
And Oliveira is clearly keen to face the Irishman on home soil but only if McGregor avenges his defeat to Poirier in January.
"Conor, worry about Dustin," Oliveira told reporters.
"Conor, since you're so tough: First of all, you beat Dustin, and then you come over to Brazil and I'm going to put you on your ass.
"First, he's got to get past Dustin. He's one of these guys that just talks a lot. He's got to beat Dustin first."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo's gesture wipes $3.5bn off Coca-Cola's market value
- US NEWS Why is Juneteenth being considered a national holiday?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE California Vaccine Lottery: from which counties were the 15 June winners and how much did they win?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Novavax covid-19 vaccine: How effective is it and who will get it?