Carlo Ancelotti talks about Hirving Lozano joining Real Madrid
The Italian manager was presented as Real Madrid’s new boss ahead of the 2021/22 LaLiga season and he talked about the Mexican international.
On Tuesday Carlo Ancelotti was named as Real Madrid’s new manager ahead of the 2021/22 season and on Wednesday he was unveiled at Ciudad Real Madrid, the club's training ground. During the press conference a journalist asked him about the possibility of Hirving Lozano joining Real Madrid in the near future and this is what the Italian manager said.
“I have affection for Hirving Lozano because I have taken him to Napoli; and for Chicharito [Hernández] because he scored an important goal. I don’t know if he would fit in at Real Madrid because we have a large squad that we have to analyze.”
Ancelotti signed Lozano back in 2019
The Italian tactician took over the managerial job at Napoli in 2018, signing a three-year contract with the Serie A club. One season later Ancelotti signed Lozano during the summer transfer window, paying PSV Eindhoven a reported fee of 42 million euros, making him the most expensive Mexican player of all time.
Unfortunately, Lozano failed to adapt quickly in his first year with Napoli and the team was not performing as expected, so the bosses decided to sack the Italian manager on 10 December 2019 and appointed Gennaro Gattuso.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59
- NFL Trey Lance bringing the best out of Jimmy Garoppolo at 49ers
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
- Tokyo Olympics Tokyo Olympics: Reaching the start line was a miracle – Johnson-Thompson explains injury fightback
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?