When are the Premier League 2021/22 fixtures announced?
The fixtures calendar for next season’s Premier League will be drawn this week. The new season starts on 14 August 2021 and will be concluded on 22 May 2022.
Last season’s Premier League ended little over three weeks ago with Manchester City clinching the title for the seventh time and now the focus turns to the 2021/22 season with the fixtures calendar to be announced this week. All 380 fixtures for the 20 teams involved in next season’s Premier League will be announced at 09:00 local time BST in London (1am PST / 4am EST) on Wednesday 16 June.
How does the Premier League fixtures draw work?
The fixtures calendar is determined by a semi-random draw, which breaks the season down into 10 sets of games, which are mirrored between the first and second half of the season. It is done that way to make sure that no club plays more than three home or away matches during any five-game period; it also prevents a situation where neighbouring clubs from the same city might be both playing at home on the same day. For example, Manchester City and Manchester United or Liverpool and Everton will never have home games on the same day – one will be playing at home, the other, playing away.
The fixtures for the 2021/22 season which everyone will be making a note of include the big derby games, clashes between the favourites to win the league, the opening day and Boxing Day fixtures as well as who plays who on what could be a decisive final day. The 2021/22 Premier League season starts on Saturday 14 August 2021 and will be concluded on Sunday 22 May 2022.
The complete fixture list for the 2021/22 Premier League season will be published right here on AS English on the morning on 16 June 2021.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots