Higuaín: "I thought I could play MLS with a cigarette in my mouth"
The Argentine striker is entering his second season in Major League Soccer and he talked about the level of the league during an interview with Bobo TV.
Gonzalo Higuaín is the captain of Inter Miami CF and in the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season he has scored one goal and given two assists in nine appearances. The Argentine striker is entering his second season in MLS and he talked about the level of the league during an interview with Bobo TV.
“This league [MLS] is very tough. I learned quickly that it is similar to Serie A. I think that in Spain and England it is easier to adapt to that style of playing, but in Italy, if you don’t know the league you suffer. With the years I have learned many things and I am the kind of striker that likes to give assists,” he said.
“In Europe I couldn’t find peace outside of football. Giuanligi Buffon once told me that once I didn’t feel that fire burning inside of me, that it was time for a change. I thought I could play in MLS with a cigarette in my mouth.”
Playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi
“I had the fortune of playing with both of them [Cristiano and Messi]. Their level is so high that you have to adapt to them to be useful and succeed. With Messi and Ronaldo a player easily has three or four options to score goals if they are smart and you understand them. For me it was a privilege,” said the captain of Inter Miami.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: IOC apologize after Ukraine and ROC confusion
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Tokyo Olympics: USA star Korda sizzles in the heat while flirting with 59
- NFL Trey Lance bringing the best out of Jimmy Garoppolo at 49ers
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Tokyo Olympics: Megan Rapinoe and Carli Lloyd earn bronze for USA in thriller
- Tokyo Olympics Tokyo Olympics: Reaching the start line was a miracle – Johnson-Thompson explains injury fightback
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a Marathon? How far is it in miles?