Real Madrid pearl De la Víbora renews until 2024
The 18-year-old left-back has extended his contract until June 2024. He has caught the eye of PSG, Juventus, Liverpool and Manchester United...
Real Madrid continue to strengthen the lower categories, securing new contracts for some of the promising young players in Valdebebas. The latest to sign a new deal is David de la Víbora, and 18-year-old left-back who plays for the Under-19s who the club has high hopes for. In 2019, he signed his first professional contract with Madrid - to the dismay of some of the big European clubs who had been monitoring his situation. This new contract is another hands-off message and ties him to the club until 2024 as well as boosting his retention clause.
De la Víbora signed his new contract yesterday in the presence of representatives from the Stellar Group agency. It's a sign from the club that they hope the teenage defender will go onto to make the first team squad along with another emerging talent, Miguel Gutiérrez, who is a year older and has already debuted with the senior side. De la Víbora is an international at youth level with Spain and has been alternating as a left-back and wing-back in Madrid's youth teams. Last season, in spite of the disruption of the pandemic, he made 15 appearances and scored two goals.
Interest from England, France and Italy
De la Víbora is also one of the Real Madrid youth players to have generated attention from the national and international media. In 2019, Madrid offered him the chance to go professional to fend off interest from PSG, Juventus, Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham. He has accumulated a lot of followers on social media, with 84,000 fans following his Instagram account.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2