USMNT extend winning streak against CONCACAF opponents
The United States men’s national team has not lost against a team from CONCACAF since 2019 and they secured a spot in the quarter-finals of the Gold Cup.
The United States men’s national team defeated Canada 1-0 in the Gold Cup to secure the top spot in Group B and a perfect record of 3W-0D-0L. The USMNT have booked their ticket to the quarter-finals of the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup and will face Costa Rica or Jamaica on 25 July.
“There was a lot of suffering,” United States manager Gregg Berhalter said after the win against Canada on Sunday in Kansas. "Overall, we achieved our objective of the group phase, where the winner group had the best goal difference in the group and we're there. And now, all the focus is on the quarter-finals."
Unbeaten against CONCACAF opponents since 2020
The United States extended their winning streak against CONCACAF opponents to 13 with their win against The Reds on Sunday at the Children’s Mercy Park. Also the USMNT have not lost to Canada in 20-home games since 1957.
The last time the team managed by Gregg Berhlater lost against a CONCACAF opponent was back in October 2019. The USMNT lost 2-0 against The Reds at the BMO field for the group stage of the CONCACAF Nations League and Alphonso Davies and Lucas Cavallini secured the victory and the points.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant