USMNT makes some roster changes for the quarter-finals of the Gold Cup
The United States men’s national team will face Jamaica in the quarter-finals of the tournament and they have added Henry Kessler and Cade Cowell to the roster.
CONCACAF has granted permission to all the teams who booked their tickets to the quarter-finals of the 2021 Gold Cup to replace their injured players. The teams can replace injured players up to 24 hours prior to the quarter-finals, so the United States men’s national team updated their 23-man roster for their game against Jamaica.
Walker Zimmerman has been ruled out
Unfortunately for the team managed by Gregg Berhalter, his star defender, Walker Zimmerman, has been ruled out of the 2021 Gold Cup campaign after picking up an injury in the USMNT’s 1-0 win over Canada last weekend. His place will be taken by Henry Kessler of the New England Revolution.
Kessler is a physical center back who had a breakout season during the 2020 Major League Soccer campaign and was voted as one of the best young defenders in the league. The USMNT also confirmed that San Jose Earthquakes’ striker, Cade Cowell, traveled yesterday to Dallas to train this morning with the squad.
Cowell and Kessler will be available to see minutes in the United States game against Jamaica at the AT&T Stadium for the quarter-final of the Gold Cup campaign. The winner will book their ticket to the semi-final and will face the winner between El Salvador and Qatar.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant