Alexa Moreno set to retire after Tokyo 2020 Olympics
According to the Mexican Gymnastics Federation, Alexa Moreno will retire after her participation at the 2020 Olympic Games.
Alexa Moreno finished in fourth place in the women’s vault at the 2020 Olympic Games and according to the Mexican Gymnastics Federation that could be the end for the athlete. The president of the Federation, Gustavo Salazar, talked about the future of the Mexican gymnast in an interview with ESPN.
“The first step is to talk to her about her final decision. We are aware that she [Alexa Moreno] already talked to the media about retirement and she will make a decision in the upcoming weeks,” said Salazar.
Taking a break after the Olympics
Moreno has said that she wants to take some time off from the pressure of competing before making a decision and Salazar understands her position. The Mexican gymnast was only a few points away from taking the bronze medal after losing to Korea’s Yeo Seo-Jeong in the final on Sunday.
“We understand that after being in camp for over a month and with the pressure of the competition, she needs a break. So it's just normal that she wants a break and not think about competing again. I think she has more to give to the country in the next Olympics, but she has the final decision,” added Salazar.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check Update: what's the situation in every state?
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- US NEWS Camera crew walk-off in the hours before Alec Baldwin fatally shot Halyna Hutchins
- US NEWS What states saw the highest number of workers quit this summer?