WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS
USMNT out to prove they are CONCACAF's best
The golden generation of the United States won two trophies this summer and now they are ready to secure their ticket to the World Cup.
The United States men’s national team are currently the best in the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football, undelined by winning two major trophies this summer. First they defeated Mexico in the final of the CONCACAF Nations League in June and one month later they beat them in the 2021 Gold Cup tournament.
"I think our mentality is to go in and win all the games that we can. Our goals are to prove also that we're the best in CONCACAF and I think the only way to do that is to dominate it. And to dominate, you have to win your games and that's what we're here to do,” said Weston McKennie after Tuesday’s practice in Nashville.
USMNT ready for the next step
Now they want to keep winning and book as early as possible their ticket to 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar after failing to qualify four years ago. The USMNT will start the final round against El Salvador on 2 September at the Estadio Cuscatlán, then host Canada on 5 September and conclude the first round on the road against Honduras three days later.
“We are comfortable with our goalkeeping pool,” said the USMNT coach Gregg Berhlater. “Overall, the goalkeeper position is in a good spot and we’ll have to make a decision on Thursday who is going to play.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente