Over a decade ago the USMNT defeated Honduras on the road
The United States men’s national team will face Honduras on the road tomorrow in search of their first three points of the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers.
The United States men’s national team is having a complicated start in the 2022 World Cup qualifiers in CONCACAF. They have two draws in the opening matches and tomorrow they will face Honduras on the road in search of their first three points of the round-robin tournament.
The USMNT suffers against Honduras
But tomorrow won’t be that easy for the team managed by Gregg Berhalter, because the last time they defeated Honduras on the road was over a decade ago. It was during the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers in 2009 when the USMNT defeated ‘Los Catrachos’ at the Estadio Olímpico Metropolitano.
That year, both teams were trying to book their ticket to the 2010 World Cup and the United States took the three points with a 3-2 victory on 10 October 2009 in San Pedro Sula. At the time, Bob Bradley was managing the USMNT and Conor Casey, with a brace, and Landon Donovan scored against the home team.
In their last two visits the United States has been unable to beat Honduras during the World Cup qualifiers. In 2013 the USMNT lost 2-1 and in 2017 they managed to rescue one point with a 1-1 draw. This will be a crucial match for both teams because they have not won during the final round of the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries
- US NEWS Director of photography killed by a prop gun on set of Alec Baldwin movie ‘Rust’
- NBA Eagles' Jason Kelce offers his opinion on Ben Simmons saga
- NBA 76ers' Ben Simmons fails to train after complaining of a 'tight back'