Raúl to play for Madrid again against Ajax in June
The legendary number seven will return to the Bernabéu three years after his last appearance in a charity match against Ajax in homage to Cruyff.
Raúl González will pull on the white shirt of Real Madrid with which he is synonymous again in the seventh edition of the Corazón Classic charity match at the Bernabéu on June 5, when Ajax will be the guest opposition.
Raúl’s agent, Ginés Carvajal, confirmed to AS that the presence of the legendary number seven is 95 percent assured. Raúl has a couple of entries in his diary to attend to in the US in his role as LaLiga ambassador but, all being well, he will line up for Madrid again three years after his last appearance at the Bernabéu during the Trofeo Bernabéu, when Al-Saad were the invited team. During that game Raúl, who was at the Qatari club at the time, played for both sides.
The match on June 5 will serve as an homage to Johan Cruyff, who passed away on March 24. Among the other players lining up will be Roberto Carlos, Fernando Hierro, Luis Figo, Patrick Kluivert, Clarence Seedorf and Edgar Davids.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?