Sunderland and Sevilla agree terms for Iborra
The operation will boost Sevilla's bank balance by 8.2 million euros. Director of Sport Monchi is now working overtime to find a replacement.
It's been all go at Sevilla during the final week of the transfer window. The next player who looks like he could be moving on is Vicente Iborra, who has Sunderland pushing hard to acquire his services. According to Sky Sports, both clubs have reached an agreememt for the 28-year-old - one which will boost the Andalucian side's bank balanace by 8.2 million euros.
Should the operation go through, Sevilla will lose yet another key member of the squad - a player who has been one of the team's leaders over the past few seasons and his loss will be felt in a similar way to that of Coke who moved to Schalke earlier this summer.
It would also leave Director of Sport Monchi just two days to find a replacement. Sevilla are still keen on Las Palmas' Roque Mesa and jave been negotiating with the islanders since the start of the summer but may now find they have to return with an increased offer should they be left with a vacancy in the centre of the park.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Nigeria's Air Peace sacks 69 pilots due to Covid-19 pandemic
- US Open Rafa Nadal pulls out of the US Open
- Premier League Continental competition returns for four Premier League clubs
- Social media When is TikTok getting banned in America?
- Champions League and Europa League return: Where is it happening and how will it work?
- Madrid Open cancelled due to coronavirus