Sunderland and Sevilla agree terms for Iborra
The operation will boost Sevilla's bank balance by 8.2 million euros. Director of Sport Monchi is now working overtime to find a replacement.
It's been all go at Sevilla during the final week of the transfer window. The next player who looks like he could be moving on is Vicente Iborra, who has Sunderland pushing hard to acquire his services. According to Sky Sports, both clubs have reached an agreememt for the 28-year-old - one which will boost the Andalucian side's bank balanace by 8.2 million euros.
Should the operation go through, Sevilla will lose yet another key member of the squad - a player who has been one of the team's leaders over the past few seasons and his loss will be felt in a similar way to that of Coke who moved to Schalke earlier this summer.
It would also leave Director of Sport Monchi just two days to find a replacement. Sevilla are still keen on Las Palmas' Roque Mesa and jave been negotiating with the islanders since the start of the summer but may now find they have to return with an increased offer should they be left with a vacancy in the centre of the park.
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA | EUROPA LEAGUE Europa League 2020/21 round of 16 draw: as it happened
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Henderson out until April after surgery on injury
- NFL NFL: Wilson hasn't demanded trade from Seattle Seahawks, says agent
- NBA NBA: Irving, Harden inspire Brooklyn Nets to eighth win in a row
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: what time is the vote in the House?