Rafa Nadal gets 'Delhi belly' and pulls out of Davis Cup
Spain's Rafa Nadal was due to play India's Ramkumar Ramanathan in the two countries' Davis Cup encounter, but pulled out due to an 'upset stomach'
Tennis star Rafael Nadal pulled out of Spain's opening Davis Cup tie against India after being laid low by an upset stomach.
World number four Nadal was due to play India's Ramkumar Ramanathan in the first singles rubber of the three-day contest being staged in the Indian capital. He will be replaced by teammate Feliciano Lopez.
"Rafael Nadal will not play the first game due to stomach infection," an All India Tennis Association (AITA) official told AFP.
Spain's David Ferrer, who is ranked 13th, is scheduled to play the second singles match of the day against Saketh Myneni.
Te recomendamos en English
- Square Enix's E3 2021 conference live updates: games, announcements, trailers
- E3 2021 Microsoft's Xbox and Bethesda conference at E3 2021 recap: games, announcements, trailers
- Euro 2020 Denmark team doctor: Eriksen was 'gone' after suffering cardiac arrest
- E3 2021 After missing E3 2021, will Sony (PlayStation) have a State of Play in the summer? When?
- EURO 2020 | GROUP F France vs Germany: Mbappé explains Giroud annoyance
- EURO 2020 France vs Germany: Benzema and Griezmann get green light