Rafa Nadal gets 'Delhi belly' and pulls out of Davis Cup
Spain's Rafa Nadal was due to play India's Ramkumar Ramanathan in the two countries' Davis Cup encounter, but pulled out due to an 'upset stomach'
Tennis star Rafael Nadal pulled out of Spain's opening Davis Cup tie against India after being laid low by an upset stomach.
World number four Nadal was due to play India's Ramkumar Ramanathan in the first singles rubber of the three-day contest being staged in the Indian capital. He will be replaced by teammate Feliciano Lopez.
"Rafael Nadal will not play the first game due to stomach infection," an All India Tennis Association (AITA) official told AFP.
Spain's David Ferrer, who is ranked 13th, is scheduled to play the second singles match of the day against Saketh Myneni.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in November?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barret, cases, deaths, updates today
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Early voting in NYC: dates, how to vote and where to find locations near me
- GAMING NEWS Pokémon GO A Spooky Message Unmasked: all research tasks and rewards from Halloween event
- BRAZIL Ronaldinho tests positive for coronavirus
- Covid-19 Economic Crisis Unemployment benefits NY: why was New York denied an extra $300?