Rafa Nadal gets 'Delhi belly' and pulls out of Davis Cup
Spain's Rafa Nadal was due to play India's Ramkumar Ramanathan in the two countries' Davis Cup encounter, but pulled out due to an 'upset stomach'
Tennis star Rafael Nadal pulled out of Spain's opening Davis Cup tie against India after being laid low by an upset stomach.
World number four Nadal was due to play India's Ramkumar Ramanathan in the first singles rubber of the three-day contest being staged in the Indian capital. He will be replaced by teammate Feliciano Lopez.
"Rafael Nadal will not play the first game due to stomach infection," an All India Tennis Association (AITA) official told AFP.
Spain's David Ferrer, who is ranked 13th, is scheduled to play the second singles match of the day against Saketh Myneni.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why are unemployment benefits changing from $400 to $300?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed in the Senate: when is voting in the House of Representatives?
- US NEWS Child tax credit - $3000 or $3600: how much will it be per child?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed: when will it be sent out and how much?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check passed: when will Biden sign it?