Barcelona have confirmed that contract negotiations have begun to hand Leo Messi an extended contract at the Camp Nou. The queue for new deals at the club is a long one, with Barça keen to tie Luis Suárez, Ivan Rakitic, Marc-Andre Ter Stegen and Sergi Roberto down with long-term contracts while Andrés Iniesta’s current agreement runs until 2018, the same as Messi’s.
Bartomeu: "Messi is the best player in the history of football"
But the Argentinean is the main priority for the club, as president Josep Maria Bartomeu confirmed. Speaking to Sky Sports, the Barcelona chief said that preliminary talks have begun over a new deal for the number 10: “Everybody, including him, knows that what we want is for him to stay here for as long as he wants. He is the best player in the world. He is the number one and on a completely different level to the rest. Of course everybody is entitled to their opinion but for me, he is the best player in the history of football."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds