Manchester United are ready to pay off unwanted German midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger to the tune of €11m so that he leaves the club, according to various German media outlets.
United have reportedly already offered the 32-year old the eight-figure fee as way of compensation in exchange for terminating his contract.
Schweinsteiger, who has been forced to train with the reserves since Jose Mourinho arrived in Manchester, currently has a deal that runs until 2018, in which time the German’s would salary would amount to €18m.
If the club and the ostracised player can come to an agreement, it would potentially save the Reds €7m. While it could be looked at the other way – a €7m loss for Schweinsteiger – the former Bayern Munich man would be free to look for another club immediately, giving him chance to make up the deficit.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother