Mother of Pogba brothers wants neither to lose in Europa League
Manchester United and Saint-Etienne will play each other in the first knock out stage of the Uefa competition pitting Paul and Florentina against each other
Follow the match Europa League: Lyon-Ajax
Follow the coverage of Europa League round of 16 Draw
The Pogba family ties
The mother of Manchester United star Paul Pogba and Saint-Etienne defender Florentin Pogba told AFP she wants the teams to draw both games when they meet in the Europa League.
Premier League giants United were paired with French side Saint-Etienne in the last 32 of Europe's second-tier competition on Monday, pitting the Pogba brothers against each other for the first time in a competitive game.
"I want two draws between my children, I don't want anyone to lose, even if I know that unfortunately one will be eliminated," said Yeo Moriba, who plans to attend both legs of February's knockout tie.
No hostile feelings on the pitch
Jose Mourinho's United will be heavy favourites to advance but Moriba added her sons "are very happy to cross paths on the pitch".
Paul Pogba, 23, became the world's most expensive player when he rejoined United from Juventus for a record 89 million pounds (105 million euros, $116 million) in August.
Elder brother Florentin is three years older and represents Guinea, the country of his birth, along with twin brother and Sparta Rotterdam forward Mathias at international level.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22