Shakespeare manager of Leicester until end of season
The caretaker manager will take charge of the struggling Premier League champions until the end of the campign after winning his first two games in charge, the club confirmed on Sunday.
Faith in Shakespeare
Craig Shakespeare has been confirmed as manager of Leicester City until the end of the season after winning his first two games in charge as caretaker of the faltering Premier League champions, the club said on Sunday.Shakespeare, previously a Leicester coach, took over after Claudio Ranieri was sacked last month - less than a year after the Italian manager guided the 5,000/1 outsiders to the most improbable Premier League title triumph.
Two games enough
But under Ranieri this season had seen the Foxes slump and they were just a point above the bottom three when the club's Thai owners sacked the veteran manager. However, Shakespeare's first two games in charge produced wins over both Liverpool and Hull as the champions moved three points clear of the relegation zone.
'Leicester City Football Club is pleased to confirm Craig Shakespeare as its first-team manager for the rest of the 2016/17 season,' said a club statement.
Follow the coverage of Leicester-Sevilla | Champions League
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston