Manchester United decided not to pursue the transfer of a young Isco over concerns about his curiously-proportioned anatomy.
Isco slipped through United's net
According to ESPN, United scouted the playmaker several times towards the end of Sir Alex Ferguson's tenure at the club. At the time, Isco was a 21-year-old prospect at Málaga.
Manchester United's scouting report on Isco concluded that he did not merit further pursuit: "He's good, but not quite quick enough and his head is too big for his body".
Key role as Madrid beat Mourinho's United
Isco has flourished in 2017. Zinedine Zidane's staunch rotation policy allowed him to shine for Real Madrid as the club marched to a LaLiga and Champions League double.
The French coach was full of praise for Isco, after the Spaniard scored the second goal in Madrid's victory in the UEFA Super Cup, against Manchester United, no less.
"He just keeps getting better," Zidane enthused. Real Madrid are expected to reward the 25-year-old for his performances with a new contract in the near future.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente