Fiorentina closing in on €18m Giovanni Simeone
Reports in Italy state that the striker and son of Atlético boss Diego Simeone is close to joining La Viola from Genoa.
Giovanni Simeone is close to sealing a move to Fiorentina from Genoa, according to reports in several Italian media outlets. La Corriere dello Sport are among the dailies to confirm that the two clubs have reached an agreement in principle for Simeone, son of Atlético manager Diego, to join La Viola for a fee of 18 million euros with another three million in add-ons and suggest he could be unveiled next week.
Simeone's scoring run
Simeone, 22, scored 12 goals in 35 appearances for Genoa last season after joining from River Plate. After a slow start to 2016-17, Il Cholito caught the eye with a run of eight goals in 10 games, including a hat-trick of braces against Juventus, Palermo and Fiorentina, which led to interest in the January market from Spanish sides Sevilla and Villarreal and Serie A rivals Inter, where his father was a player.
La Viola in the market
Fiorentina are looking for reinforcements before the window closes after the departures of Federico Bernardeschi to Juventus for 40 million euros and Matías Vecino and Borja Valero to Inter in exchange for 30 million.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Child tax credit 2022: why did families only receive payments for six months?
- NFL Five takeaways from NFL playoffs divisional round: Rodgers, Mahomes...
- NFL San Francisco 49ers vs LA Rams: schedule, TV channel and where to watch live the NFC Conference finals
- WORLD NEWS Earthquakes in Israel: what magnitude were they and what are the consequences?
- Barcelona Barcelona have one week to complete two signings
- NFL Tom Brady too upset about Bucs' playoff exit to consider future